Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

CNGOONS

November 27, 2021, 04:08:54 am

* Recent topics

Goony Info

:goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: CYBERNATIONS IS OVER, IT IS TIME TO RUIN POLITICS AND WAR  :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot:
SEE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897634
[/size]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Recommendations?  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Pat Bateman

• GOONS Faggot
  • ...From Jerkdotwad's family album
    • Cattle
    • Wheat

Book Recommendations?
« on: March 30, 2014, 10:13:40 pm »
Anyone got any good book recommendations?  I'm about 1/4 the way through Stephen King's "It" as I heard there's going to be a movie reboot in 2015.  So far it's fucking awesome.  I really like his writing style and this is my first Stephen King book.  I was thinking my next read's gonna be between "The Stand", "The Shining", or "Pet Sematary".  Has anyone read those or have any other recs?  I'm on a horror binge right now.

Offline Destroyer Goon

• GOONS Pecuniator
  • do NOT fuck with me. you WILL regret it
    • Iron
    • Uranium

Re: Book Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »
Oh yeah man I love litera...

oh. shit. stephen king.
:hehe: sigs off crew :hehe:

GOONS is a powerful and respected AA

FaKeGooNs

aNiMaLz

Griefed :siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy:

Flamed

Offline Pat Bateman

• GOONS Faggot
  • ...From Jerkdotwad's family album
    • Cattle
    • Wheat

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 12:01:52 am »
Oh yeah man I love litera...

oh. shit. stephen king.

Hey man honestly I'm up for whatever.  I took a lot of lit classes in college before I realized how unhelpful they are in the real world.  I've read plenty from Epic of Gilgamesh, to Shakespear, to Poe.  If it's good, I'll try anything.

Offline Sir Donald R Deamon

• GOONS Long Dead
    • Lumber
    • Rubber

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:51:30 am »
Read something light for a change. Eric Bischoff, Controversy Creates Cash.
FrankMillsGOP: you see, there's three types of black guys in this world
FrankMillsGOP: you got mean ones and you got nice ones
FrankMillsGOP: you see? he was one of the nice ones
11:39
Sir_Donald_R_Deamon: That's two types
FrankMillsGOP: whatever, nerd
FrankMillsGOP left the channel. (Quit: http:/​/​www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sir_Donald_R_Deamon: Lol

-------------

Offline Emporer Farts

• GOONS Co-Pilot
    • Lumber
    • Spices
    • Hajj Podge

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 05:36:59 am »
Green Eggs and Ham

01:41   Bularin         • Government goons are faggots. As usual. Give a goon power in any game, they tend to turn it into weird power fantasies.

Offline CriminallyStylish

• Squad Nicki
    • Pigs
    • Oil

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 06:31:51 am »
Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø has some great crime-novels. Check out "The Redbeast" or "The Redeemer", both great books and some of my favorites.

Offline rupang886

• STUPID NEWBIE
  • Wanna get outta this place...

Book Recommendations?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 06:43:18 am »
If you wanted to see a family breaking down from the exposure of the Australian outback, see Romulus, My Father.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:45:24 am by rupang886 »

My first raid.

<Beets> Rupang
<Beets> For you
<Beets> We've awarded the person responsible for it the Medal of Excellence in Repurposing Useless Literature

Offline Sir Donald R Deamon

• GOONS Long Dead
    • Lumber
    • Rubber

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 06:49:22 am »
Your father wrote a book?
FrankMillsGOP: you see, there's three types of black guys in this world
FrankMillsGOP: you got mean ones and you got nice ones
FrankMillsGOP: you see? he was one of the nice ones
11:39
Sir_Donald_R_Deamon: That's two types
FrankMillsGOP: whatever, nerd
FrankMillsGOP left the channel. (Quit: http:/​/​www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sir_Donald_R_Deamon: Lol

-------------

Offline rupang886

• STUPID NEWBIE

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:28 am »
A philosopher wrote it of course!

My first raid.

<Beets> Rupang
<Beets> For you
<Beets> We've awarded the person responsible for it the Medal of Excellence in Repurposing Useless Literature

Offline Valhalla

• GOONS TRAITOR
  • Kriminalinspektor
    • Lumber
    • Iron

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 07:18:57 am »
Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø owns.

He is using the same formula for each book which is a bit unfortunate and has a thing with incest.
Also try Sjöwall and Wahlöö. 70s sweedish crime. It owns because there is no computer h@x / csi shit that presses the "I win" button. They also don't have to pull ye olde: oh shit my phone, which would have 100% fixed this problem, is fucked and now so am I.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:24:41 am by Valhalla »

Spoils of war:

Protip: HAVE A BASTARD BIG WARCHEST

Valhalla,
You have received a warning for having a laff. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.
Regards,
The CNGOONS Team.

Offline rupang886

• STUPID NEWBIE

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 07:26:21 am »
In 2007 Nesbø also released his first children's book, Doktor Proktors Prompepulver (English translation: Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder).

My first raid.

<Beets> Rupang
<Beets> For you

Offline Do Not Fear Jizz

• GOONS Long Dead
  • HONK HONK HONKK
    • Gold
    • Wheat
  • IRC Nick: DoNotFearJazz

Deal w/ it.

Offline Destroyer Goon

• GOONS Pecuniator
    • Iron
    • Uranium

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:10 pm »
"100 books the average person might recognize"

FaKeGooNs

aNiMaLz

Griefed :siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy:

Flamed

Offline Destroyer Goon

• GOONS Pecuniator
    • Iron
    • Uranium

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 05:19:50 pm »
have you.. heh... considered... heh heh.. George RR Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire?? :xd:

FaKeGooNs

aNiMaLz

Flamed

Offline CriminallyStylish

• Squad Nicki
    • Pigs
    • Oil

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 05:24:33 pm »
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1301199-100-books-you-must-read-before-you-die

6. The Bible

The story is too sectioned imho. Characters are too god-like and you get no real sense of conflict or risk. Jesus lacks a good character-arc and all you get is heavy-handed symbolism where he is nailed to a cross and gets rezzed after dying, like who believes that? Also walking on water wtf was the author smoking 2/10 would not recommend

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up