Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

CNGOONS

November 27, 2021, 04:44:27 am

* Recent topics

Goony Info

:goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: CYBERNATIONS IS OVER, IT IS TIME TO RUIN POLITICS AND WAR  :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot:
SEE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897634
[/size]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Recommendations?  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• GOONS Council
    • Fish
    • Wheat

Re: Book Recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »
If you wanted to see a family breaking down from the exposure of the Australian outback, see Romulus, My Father.
Good book that one.

OP: Anything by Irvine Welsh. Or Chuck Palahniuk.

Offline Do Not Fear Jizz

• GOONS Long Dead
  • HONK HONK HONKK
    • Gold
    • Wheat
  • IRC Nick: DoNotFearJazz

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 07:54:12 pm »
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1301199-100-books-you-must-read-before-you-die

6. The Bible

The story is too sectioned imho. Characters are too god-like and you get no real sense of conflict or risk. Jesus lacks a good character-arc and all you get is heavy-handed symbolism where he is nailed to a cross and gets rezzed after dying, like who believes that? Also walking on water wtf was the author smoking 2/10 would not recommend

you own

Deal w/ it.

Offline Pat Bateman

• GOONS Faggot
  • ...From Jerkdotwad's family album
    • Cattle
    • Wheat

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »
If you wanted to see a family breaking down from the exposure of the Australian outback, see Romulus, My Father.
Good book that one.

OP: Anything by Irvine Welsh. Or Chuck Palahniuk.

I'll check these out.

Offline Pat Bateman

• GOONS Faggot
    • Cattle
    • Wheat

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »
have you.. heh... considered... heh heh.. George RR Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire?? :xd:

Do you like anything you grumpy bastard?

Offline Destroyer Goon

• GOONS Pecuniator
  • do NOT fuck with me. you WILL regret it
    • Iron
    • Uranium

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »
I'm too cool to like things.

I love Kafka and Hesse.

Usually people recommend Haruki Murakami in that direction but I wasn't that impressed :shobon:

The last novel I read that I really enjoyed was Naked Lunch by Burroughs.

also, since you don't know what SA is, I'll explain the joke a bit more: SA's book forum is a huge circle jerk for fantasy nerds, and every single recommendation thread, no matter what the OP actually asks for, gets recommended with Song of Ice and Fire
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:03:37 pm by Hero of Demise »
:hehe: sigs off crew :hehe:

GOONS is a powerful and respected AA

FaKeGooNs

aNiMaLz

Griefed :siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy::siganarchy:

Flamed

Offline Pat Bateman

• GOONS Faggot
    • Cattle
    • Wheat

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 02:43:13 am »
I'm too cool to like things.

I love Kafka and Hesse.

Usually people recommend Haruki Murakami in that direction but I wasn't that impressed :shobon:

The last novel I read that I really enjoyed was Naked Lunch by Burroughs.

also, since you don't know what SA is, I'll explain the joke a bit more: SA's book forum is a huge circle jerk for fantasy nerds, and every single recommendation thread, no matter what the OP actually asks for, gets recommended with Song of Ice and Fire

I'll definitely check out Naked Lunch.  I just looked it up, seems cool.

And that makes more sense.  I thought you were drawing comparisons saying Stephen King is on par with Game of Thrones.

Offline Do Not Fear Jizz

• GOONS Long Dead
  • HONK HONK HONKK
    • Gold
    • Wheat
  • IRC Nick: DoNotFearJazz

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 04:58:20 am »
I only read war books

Deal w/ it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up