Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

CNGOONS

November 27, 2021, 04:01:34 am

* Recent topics

Goony Info

:goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: CYBERNATIONS IS OVER, IT IS TIME TO RUIN POLITICS AND WAR  :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot:
SEE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897634
[/size]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone here ride a motorcycle?  (Read 8370 times)

Offline USMC123

• FOREIGN NSO
  • Hello, My name is
    • Gems
    • Rubber

Re: Anyone here ride a motorcycle?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 12:03:27 am »
Economics degrees are basically useless here unless you combine it with a Finance/Accounting degree and are trying to get into the financial industry.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. The only people I know getting a use of pure economics-degrees is people that have business-owners/managers as parents who can jump right into work.

I got a job at an investment company as a broker/dealer rep with crazy amazing benefits and compensation. I have a bachelor of science in econ, sooo yeah it's perfectly fine major

While not terrible jobs (I almost did that too!) an art major can get one of those jobs if they can sell shit.

Offline I M Tpl

• GOONS Faggot
  • I'm mentally gay; I'll blow your mind.
    • Fish
    • Furs

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 09:38:32 am »
Economics degrees are basically useless here unless you combine it with a Finance/Accounting degree and are trying to get into the financial industry.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. The only people I know getting a use of pure economics-degrees is people that have business-owners/managers as parents who can jump right into work.

I got a job at an investment company as a broker/dealer rep with crazy amazing benefits and compensation. I have a bachelor of science in econ, sooo yeah it's perfectly fine major

While not terrible jobs (I almost did that too!) an art major can get one of those jobs if they can sell shit.

This is not a sales job. At all.
:Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :furs2: :Fish2:
 :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2: :Fish2:

Offline kenmorningstar

• GOONS Government
    • Cattle
    • Pigs
    • KenMornignstar

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »
I thought is thread was about motorcycles? What the fuck are you idiots arguing about economics for?

Anyway don't overpay for a harley as your first bike, you will drop it. Buy a cheap used jap cruiser and learn to ride then buy a HD if that's your thing. Ride the piss out of the jap bike, like a honda shadow or a vstar, and learn on it, you can sell it for damn near what you paid for it.

ABS is all well and good but a better thing to do is learn to ride, don't fucking grab a fistful of front brake when your get scared, don't lock lock up the rear by standing on the rear brake, practice emergency situations on parking lots.

Also you can't fucking flip yourself over the handle bars by locking the front. The bike can go down but it won't flip you off the front on a cruiser.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:17:25 pm by KenMorningstar »

Offline bennyfactor

• GOONS Company Commander
  • 100% RICHelieu
    • Lumber
    • Pigs

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 06:35:58 pm »
kawasaki ninja or bust

Hit my Kawasaki
Pull off on a wheelie
This is Straightlaced pimpin
I know you hoes feel me :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

But seriouspost if you want something like a Harley or an Indian but lower powered you should look for a Royal Enfield. It's originally an English design and has been produced in India for the past half century or whatever and is a very solid, simple, classic looking bike with enough power for someone even bigger than you (my friend with one is 6'2" and maybe 220ish? I'm bad at guessing weights) for city and some highway at least.

:snoop: :snoop:

Offline Sperglord Firecock

• GOONS Long Dead
    • Coal
    • Gold

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 04:21:00 pm »
I wanna get a (not Vietnamese) Vespa scooter and cruise around like a cheap piece of Eurotrash.

Is this a good idea?

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble
  • IRC Nick: ComradeMilton

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »
i also want that. the fucking gas efficiency on those things is incredible.

[/center]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up