Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

CNGOONS

November 27, 2021, 03:16:25 am

* Recent topics

Goony Info

:goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: CYBERNATIONS IS OVER, IT IS TIME TO RUIN POLITICS AND WAR  :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot:
SEE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897634
[/size]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Think Different Trivia - Inspired by JoshuaR's setup - Round 2  (Read 14389 times)

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble
  • IRC Nick: ComradeMilton

I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions. There will be many correct answers for each question. Your job is to tell me a correct answer, but the trick is you want to think of the answer the other guys aren't thinking of. That is, your job is to give me the least popular correct answer for each question. DO NOT GOOGLE SHIT. You may not do any research, searching, interviewing, or use any other sources except the soft matter between your ears. If you happen to incidentally run across information that will help you with an answer, that's fine.
Correct responses will be scored as one point for each person who responded with that answer (including yourself). Incorrect answers will be scored as the sheep score (the most popular correct answer) multiplied by two. Low score wins. Ties will be broken by number of singletons, then by order of entry.

As an added layer of strategy, and/or if you just don't know ANY of the answers for a question, you may choose one question to drop, and you will receive a score of zero for that question. You may only drop one question. Please indicate your drop by typing DROP as your response to the question.

DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN THE THREAD.

Example:
1. Austria
2. Boobs
3. Roquentin
4. DROP
5. Anal
etc.

Entry deadline is 11:59PM ET on Wednesday July 16th, at which point I will start revealing the answers and scores in the thread on http://cngoons.com. Submit your answers with this form

Okay, submissions are obviously now closed. By request, in addition to posting running tallies of who guessed what and what the score is, I've been asked to post the potential answers to each question in this post, presumably so you can all try to pretend you got something right. e: will finish this later.

Between formation and 2005, Google acquired or merged with 23 companies. Name one.:Deja, Outride, Pyra Labs, Neotonic Software, Applied Semantics, Kaltix, Sprinks, Genius Labs, Ignite Logic, Picasa, ZipDash, Where2, Keyhole, Urchin Software, Dodgeball, Akwan Information Technologies, Reqwireless, Current Communications Group, Android, Skia, Phatbits, allPAY GmbH, bruNET GmbH
Name one of the 24 major Windows version releases: 1, 2, 2.1, 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, NT 3.1, NT 3.5, NT 3, NT 4, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, RT, CE, Phone 7, Phone 8
Name one of the fourteen intelligence agencies in the United States: DEA, FBI, CIA, MI, ONI, NSA, DIA, NGA, NRO, AFISFRA, MCIA, OICI, I&A, CGI. INR, TFI
Name a FIFA World Cup runner-up between 1978 and 2010: Netherlands, West Germany, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Germany, France
Name one of the seven deadly sins: Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Greed, Envy, Pride, Wrath
Name, or describe, one of the five pillars of Islam: Shahadah, Salat, Zakat, Sawm, Hajj
Name one of the six naturally-occurring Noble gases: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon
Name a lobe of the human brain: Frontal, Parietal, Occipital, Temporal, Limbic, Insular Cortex
Name a Western European capital city: Brussels, Vienna, Paris, Berlin, Bern, Amsterdam, Monaco, Luxembourg City, Vaduz
Countries conquered by the Nazis during World War II: Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, San Marino, Poland, Norway, Netherlands, Monaco, Luxembourg,Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Greece, France, Estonia, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, Albania
Name one of the twelve major, edible vegetable oils: Coconut, Corn, Cottonseed, Olive, Palm, Peanut, Canola (all of you weirdos who called it Rapeseed still got credit), Safflower, Sesame, Soybean, Sunflower, Mustard
Name a Galilean or Amalthean moon of Jupiter: Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe
China was an immensely inventive culture. Name one of the Four Great Inventions or any of the major inventions during the pre-Shang era.: Compass, Gunpowder, Paper, Printing, Alcohol, Bell, Wooden Coffin, Pottery, Dagger-axe, Lacquer, Millet cultivation, Noodles, Rowing oar, Plastromancy, Rammed earth, Pottery steamer, Pottery urn, Rice cultivation, Sericulture, Soybean cultivation, Treetrunk coffin, Paddy field
Name a music video by Michael Jackson (solo) from 1979-1992: Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Rock with You, She's Out of My Life, Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Man in the Mirror, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Another Part of Me, Speed Demon, Come Together, Leave Me Alone, Liberian Girl, Black or White, Remember the Time, In the Closet, Jam, Heal the World
In the original Guitar Hero name one of the songs on the two easiest difficulties.: I Love Rock n Roll, I Wanna Be Sedated, Infected, Smoke on the Water, Thunder Kiss 65, Iron Man, More Than a Feeling, Sharp Dressed Man, Take Me Out, You've Go Another Thing Coming
Name one of the twenty-two current, hereditary monarchs of the world.: Elizabeth II, Hamad ibn Isa, Philippe, Jigme Khesar Namgyel, Hassanal Bolkiah, Norodom Sihamoni, Margrethe II, Akihito, Abdullah II, Sabah al-Ahmad, Letsie III, Hans-Adam II, Henri, Abdul Harim, Albert II, Mohammed VI, Harald V, Qaboos bin Said, Tamim bin Hamad, Abdullah bin Adul'aziz, Mswati III, Carl XVI Gustaf, Bhumibol Adulvadei, Tupou VI, Khalifa bin Zayed
There are fifteen countries that currently do not have armed forces. Name one.: Andorra, Costa Rica, Grenada, Kiribati, Liechtenstein, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Vatican City
Name one of the nine East Asian religions: Chinese folk, Confucianism, Shinto, Taoism, I-Kuan Tao, Caodaism, Chondogyo, Tenrikyo, Ooomoto
There are six verb tenses in Latin grammar. Name one.: Present, Imperfect, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future perfect
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:31:34 pm by Comrade Milton »

[/center]

Offline Franz Ferdinand

• STUPID NEWBIE
  • Sex God
    • Lumber
    • Iron
    • Riot Society

Re: Think Different Trivia - Inspired by JoshuaR's setup - Round 2
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »
Where are the questions?

Edit: Done!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:09:32 pm by Franz Ferdinand »

Offline Dylan Carter

• FOREIGN Umbrella
    • Gold
    • Iron

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:32:01 pm »
Had to guess at the lolsoccer question D:

Offline bennyfactor

• GOONS Company Commander
  • 100% RICHelieu
    • Lumber
    • Pigs

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 09:22:12 pm »
oh this is fun

:snoop: :snoop:

Offline JoshuaR

• FOREIGN Umbrella
    • Cattle
    • Pigs

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »
Oog, there were some questions with only a handful of answers, some with a ton... and I had to use the drop on one with a ton.

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:56:14 pm »
yeah, i figured throwing stuff out like that would make things a bit more interesting.

[/center]

Offline tayloj

• FOREIGN Consular Diplomat
    • Fish
    • Uranium

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 04:33:24 pm »
I figure i can't do much worse than last time i tried... but then its me we're talking about

Offline Franz Ferdinand

• STUPID NEWBIE
  • Sex God
    • Lumber
    • Iron
    • Riot Society

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 06:12:37 pm »
Can't wait for this to start.

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 02:18:10 am »

Between formation and 2005, Google acquired or merged with 23 companies. Name one.
Pyra Labs, 1: Kill[MI6]
Picasa, 5: Levistus, Daikos, Blueamber10210, JoshuaR, Franz
Keyhole, 2: King Brandon, bennyfactor
Android, 5: alyster, Stagger Lee, DylanCarter, Bucovina, Charles Stuart

UNUSED: Deja, Outride, Neotonic, Applied Semantics, Kaltix, Sprinks, Genius Labs, Ignite Logic, ZipDash, Where2, Urchin Software, Dodgeball, Akwan Information Technologies, Reqwireless, Current Communications Group, Skia, Phatbits, allPAY GmbH, bruNET GmbH

WRONG: Aesculus - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
dougal4chaos - Youtube
tayloj - ugh i don't know
Criminally Stylish - Youtube
MrGross[DoD] - Nexus
JamesBarnarby - Mapquest
Jutopia - Youtube
Brooklyn666 - Youtube
Rebel_Virginia - Youtube
Tronix - Nest
DarkIceDragon
Valhalla - Altavista
Pyroman
Joe_Stupid - Youtube
rabonnobar - Instagram
[] - Exodon
abbasmehdi - Youtube
Monkeydee - Youtube
Sweeeeet Ronny D - Youtube
Legend[VE] - Youtube
Walling[ODN] - Youtube
Syd/Bobr2k3 - T-Mobile
Bear Retrieval Unit - Waze
Blue - Apple

SCORES:

Kill[MI6]   1
King Brandon   2
bennyfactor   2
Franz   5
Stagger Lee   5
alyster   5
DylanCarter   5
Charles Stuart   5
Daikos   5
Levistus   5
JoshuaR   5
Bucovina   5
Blueamber10210   5
Criminally Stylish   10
Rebel_Virginia   10
Syd/Bobrm2k3   10
Sweeeeet Ronny D   10
Pyroman   10
JamesBarnaby   10
Monkeydee   10
Bear Retrieval Unit   10
Blue   10
abbasmehdi   10
Jutopia   10
[]   10
rabonnobar   10
Brooklyn666   10
DarkIceDragon   10
Valhalla   10
Joe_Stupid   10
dougal4chaos   10
Legend[VE]   10
Aesculus   10
MrGross[DoD]   10
tayloj   10
Tronix   10
Walling[ODN]   10

** Youtube was founded in 2005, but not purchased by Google until 2006, you dumb shits.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:01:45 am by Comrade Milton »

[/center]

Offline Aesculus

• Administrator
  • GOONS Driver
    • Coal
    • Uranium
    • Aesculus
  • IRC Nick: Aesculus

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 03:36:09 am »
WRONG: Aesculus

did you not even list my answer you HUGE PRICK >:(

Offline alyster

• FOREIGN TOP
    • Uranium
    • Sugar

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 03:40:05 pm »
Countries conquered by the Nazis during World War II[/size][size=78%]: [/size][/size]Yugoslavia, [size=78%][/size]Czechoslovakia, San Marino, Poland, Norway, Netherlands, Monaco, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Greece, France, Estonia, Denmark, Austria, Belgium, Albania[size=78%]

You did have an addition in question form that occupied nations had to be independent before that. Baltic states were annexed by USSR in 1940, those territories conquered by nazis in 1941. Thus I protest against them being counted right.

And Austria was annexed before World War 2 begun.

Yeah I'm gona be a bitch like that.

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 04:16:11 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupied_Europe

This was the source used. Basically, anything that wasn't a dependent element of an unconquered nation (i.e. Jersey) or listed as an SSR went to a correct answer.

And the Baltics declared independence shortly before the war began: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia#Declaration_of_independence :P

I'm afraid you are correct about Austria, though, so I'll make the necessary adjustments in scoring there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:18:58 pm by Comrade Milton »

[/center]

Offline alyster

• FOREIGN TOP
    • Uranium
    • Sugar

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupied_Europe

This was the source used. Basically, anything that wasn't a dependent element of an unconquered nation (i.e. Jersey) or listed as an SSR went to a correct answer.

And the Baltics declared independence shortly before the war began: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia#Declaration_of_independence :P

You linked the First World War era declaration of independence of my own nation. It lasted untill 1940, when Estonia was renamed Estonian SSR and incorporated into the Soviet Union. Next year the war with the fascists begun.

I know the map of Occupied Europe is impressive, but you did put the limitation of "independent" on the question yourself.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:43:15 pm by alyster »

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 05:43:29 pm »
1, 1: dougal4chaos
2.1, 1: JoshuaR

3, 3: bennyfactor, Walling[ODN], Charles Stuart
3.1, 5: Levistus, Monkeydee, Sweeeeet Ronny D
95, 1: MrGross[DoD]
98, 1: DarkIceDragon

98SE, 1: Valhalla
ME, 4: Criminally Stylish, Brooklyn666, Rebel_Virginia, Syd/Bobrm2k3
2000, 2: rabonnobar, []
NT 3.5, 1: Bucovina
NT 4, 4: Daikos, JamesBarnaby, Legend[VE], Franz
XP, 2: Blueamber10210, Joe_Stupid
Vista, 1: Jutopia
7, 2: abbasmehdi, DylanCarter
8, 2: Pyroman, Kill[MI6]
8.1, 2: Stagger Lee, King Brandon
RT, 1: tayloj

UNUSED: 2, NT3.5, NT3, CE, Phone7, Phone8

WRONG: Aesculus - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
alyster - 3.11
Tronix - 5.1
Blue - OSX

SCORES:
King Brandon  4
[]   5
abbasmehdi   5
Aesculus   6
alyster   6
Bear Retrieval Unit   6
bennyfactor   7
Blue   7
Blueamber10210   7
Brooklyn666   7
Bucovina   9
Charles Stuart   9
Criminally Stylish   9
Daikos   9
DarkIceDragon   11
dougal4chaos   11
DylanCarter   11
Franz   11
JamesBarnaby   11
Joe_Stupid   12
JoshuaR   12
Jutopia   12
Kill[MI6]   12
Legend[VE]   12
Levistus   12
Monkeydee   13
MrGross[DoD]   13
Pyroman   14
rabonnobar   14
Rebel_Virginia   14
Stagger Lee   15
Sweeeeet Ronny D   15
Syd/Bobrm2k3   20
tayloj   20
Tronix   20
Valhalla   20
Walling[ODN]   20
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:29:58 pm by Comrade Milton »

[/center]

Offline Comrade Milton

• GOONS Pilot
    • Fish
    • Marble

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 05:44:27 pm »
You linked the First World War era declaration of independence of my own nation. It lasted untill 1940, when Estonia was renamed Estonian SSR and incorporated into the Soviet Union. Next year the war with the fascists begun.

I know the map of Occupied Europe is impressive, but you did put the limitation of "independent" on the question yourself.

Quite true. I had thought they were just that, but given what you've mentioned it seems I was wrong and will need to make a few corrections.

[/center]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up