Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

CNGOONS

November 14, 2019, 09:28:45 am

* Recent topics

Goony Info

:goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: CYBERNATIONS IS OVER, IT IS TIME TO RUIN POLITICS AND WAR  :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot: :goonpatriot:
SEE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897634
[/size]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 4: A taste of glory  (Read 464 times)

Offline Sardonic

• GOONS Emeritus
    • Cattle
    • Lumber
  • IRC Nick: Sardonic

Chapter 4: A taste of glory
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:24 pm »
Chapter 4

August 2009, that was when I assumed the title of Pilot.  Salithus retired from active duty citing real life issues.  He made the announcement.  The announcement was a slight nod to the old GOONS shark week policy, where they would shark attack bad OWF posters.  (A practice we will resume, one day).  I became pilot, though in reality salithus still had significant power as the forum owner.  The government was shifted around significantly.  I gave Mert a shot at filling the vacant secretariat position but he was never able to get into it for what I assume was real life issues.  Regardless, this was a new start for GOONS.

Later in August we announced our first EoG  I forget the exact circumstances, but he was utterly clueless, unable to do the simplest task to secure peace on the mercy board.  I remember him being extremely rude to us, and he was put on the list as a consequence.  This would set precedent for future mercy board proceedings.

In September we crossed the 1m NS marker, fully ditched our protectorate, and signed a full MDoAP with NpO.  One which would not last the test of time.  NpO had been very generous protectors, and they gave us a large amount of money with no strings attached to build up.  Of course a lot of this goodwill would be overturned later, but that was unforeseeable at the time.

Also in September we had one of our most effective OWF trolls ever.  We spotted a shitty alliance posting an announcement bemoaning tech raiding and pledging economic support to the raided to help them, and to secure peace for them.  Of course, our policy was nothing of the sort.  We parodied the announcement and started one of the longest tech raiding debate threads I've ever seen.  It reached a ripe old age of 47 pages, which by OWF standards, is pretty big.  It seemed unfathomable that a 5 minute parody could spawn so many pages of dialogue, but it was worth it.  Policy trolling is one of the greatest things we can do.

In December our oppression began.  Kronos and us (independently of each other) raided a shit-teir alliance named RLMMO, which was some gay invasion microalliance from an offsite forum.  The War started small, but attracted the attention of some microalliance of TOP breakaways, ZDP.  They were few, but they had very high NS nations.  We had to call in help from our allies to keep them from hurting what few upper tier nations we had back then.  Eventually peace was reached with ZDP, and we got some money for our troubles.  This was our first (and certainly not our last) victory.  We remain at war with RLMMO to this day, or whatever is left of them.

Following the successes of the year, especially the last few months, we were riding high, and things looked bright.  Of course, this was merely the beginning.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:54:48 pm by Sardonic »

Offline Methos

• GOONS Member
    • Aluminum
    • Coal
    • Methos

Re: Chapter 4: A taste of glory
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:27:12 am »
My memory sucks, but I am certain old GOONS had some sort of conflict with an alliance called RLMMO.  Coincidence?

Offline Sardonic

• GOONS Emeritus
    • Cattle
    • Lumber
  • IRC Nick: Sardonic

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 11:19:27 pm »
My memory sucks, but I am certain old GOONS had some sort of conflict with an alliance called RLMMO.  Coincidence?
That would be pretty hilarious, I don't remember fighting them in the old GOONS though.

Offline karthikking

• FOREIGN Diplomat
    • Coal
    • Oil

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:20:06 pm »
Dude, Echelon came from the RLMMO forum..... Fail

Offline parandiac

• STUPID NEWBIE
    • Aluminum
    • Wheat
    • europa

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:14:00 am »
to clear something up that nobody will read:

Echelon was born from The Shadowhood and GAT-ITEC merging. RLMMO merged with Echelon but their 12 members demanded being a part of government when they had nearly 200 members or so. they wanted to be little shits on the forum and because i trolled them, they mostly left to re-form RLMMO, and i created a schism in echelon's inner workings. i stepped down from my government position, trolled the remainder of the leadership that chose to check the forum, and was subsequently banned for life after many members left. one of my prouder moments in my personal CN history.

mar 09,2011 Ernesto Che Guevara: Pussy's pussy, even when it's a penis. [via shoutbox]

Offline Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• GOONS Council
    • Fish
    • Wheat

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »
Echelon were shit.

Utter shit.

I have a feeling we wiped the floor with them when I was in TOP but I'm fucked if I can remember if we actually did or not.

Offline Marx

• GOONS Co-Pilot
    • Lumber
    • Spices
    • Hajj Podge

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 04:56:51 am »
Pretty sure you did. I don't care enough to look it up though. Because it's Echelon. :frogbon:

01:41   Bularin         • Government goons are faggots. As usual. Give a goon power in any game, they tend to turn it into weird power fantasies.

Offline Chief Savage Man

• GOONS Long Dead
  • ^^^ Sard's Favorite Game ^^^
    • Cattle
    • Pigs

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »
Chapter 4: A taste of cum
Pages: [1]   Go Up